2008年9月26日 星期五

The Book - Crucial Conversations: Tools for talking when stakes are high

After reading the first 7 chapters of the book, Crucial Conversations: Tools for talking when stakes are high, I learned there are many skills to communicate effectively during crucial conversation. However, I think for me, the challenge will be to control my emotions first before applying these skills during a crucial conversation.

Before reading this book, I knew there are different ways to communicate to others about the same message. However, I've always thought direct communication is the best way because I say what's on my mind directly without having to tailor my thoughts. But after reading this book, I learned that there are skills that we can use to make the communication more effectively and thus achieve what we want more easily.

This book is a good tool book for me because I can relate to many examples mentioned in the book. The next step for me is to learn how to control my emotions instead of letting my emotions control me.

沒有留言: